School of Industrial Engineering and Management
School of Industrial Engineering and Management aims to attract, educate students and prepare them to be leaders in the Industrial and Systems Engineering (ISE) in Vietnam and Asia. The department offers programs to satisfy the needs of Vietnam in industry development, research, education and entrepreneurship in the field.
The faculty teaching strategy is based on constructivism philosophy, which emphasizes that learning is an active, social process. In other words, learners should learn to discover principles, concepts and facts for themselves and individuals make meanings through the interactions with each other and with the environment they live in. In addition, learners take part in activities directly relevant to the application of learning. The teaching and learning strategy of the department therefore focuses on the following:
- Student oriented
- Collaborative learning
- Experiential learning
- Integration of theory and practice
- Utilization of IT
- Research oriented
Take leadership role in education and research in the field of Industrial and Systems Engineering in Vietnam.
- Offering high-quality graduate and undergraduate education in the field of Industrial and Systems Engineering
- Offering excellent research including basic and applied research in the field of the Industrial and Systems Engineering to meet the needs of industry, local provinces and society.
- Taking the pioneer role in developing the Industrial and Systems Engineering field in Vietnam by promoting the application of Industrial and Systems Engineering in a variety of production and service sectors in Vietnam
The School of Industrial and Systems Engineering views itself a system in which students are both important input and output. Therefore, students are the main driver for its all activities. In particular, its objectives are to:
- Maintain an excellent quality of teaching and learning
- Recruit and retain high qualified faculty and staff to support the teaching, research, and service mission in the School of Industrial and Systems Engineering
- Enhance the learning environment to support the teaching and research activities
- Attract excellent local and international students
- Enhance the collaboration with industry and other prestigious educational institutions
Objectives: The undergraduate program of ISE will provide students with theoretical knowledge, and practice on designing, operating, improving and optimizing production and service systems.
1. IU Program (4 years at IU)
Degree: Bachelor of Industrial and Systems Engineering awarded by the International University
- Partner Programs (2 years at IU + 2 years at IU overseas partner universities)
Degree: Bachelor of Industrial and Systems Engineering awarded by the overseas partner universities such as Rutgers University, The State University of New Jersey and University at Binghamton, The State University of New York (USA).
After graduated, students will be able to:
- Pursue higher education by successfully competing for prestigious scholarships to enter world class programs abroad, or
- Become outstanding industrial and systems engineers who can find jobs in Production, Material and Inventory, Logistics and Supply Chain, Quality Management, Planning & Scheduling, Design & Layout fields and in the number of organizations/agencies:
- Manufacturing fields: Foreign companies, state-owned and private enterprises.
- Service fields: Hospital, hotel, airport, retail services and distribution.
- Research & Development: Universities, training and research centers.
- Governmental organizations (national and provincial) such as Ministry/Department of Science and Technology, Department of Transport and Communication.
- Project management units of national and international projects related to industrial fields.
- Research Orientation
- Multi-Criteria Decision Making: Establishing and solving multi-objective and multi-criteria decision making problems with applications in management and engineering.
- Optimization for Scheduling and Sequencing for service and manufacturing systems: Establishing and solving scheduling & sequencing problems.
- Mathematical Programming and Operations Research: Integer programming, Nonlinear programming, Convex Analysis and Generalized Convexity, Nonsmooth Analysis, Variational Inequality and Equilibrium Problems. Applying Linear and Nonlinear programming in manufacturing fields.
- Logistics & Supply Chain Management: Transportation problems, Supply chain design problems, Supply chain optimization problems.
- Simulation and Modeling: Simulation and Modeling complicated service and manufacturing systems using discrete simulation techniques; Integrating simulation techniques and optimization techniques; Simulation of transportation systems, service systems and supermarkets
- Applications of Local Search Optimization: Genetic Algorithms, Tabu Search Algorithms, Simulated Annealing Algorithms, Ant Cology Algorithms, and apply to optimization manufacturing and service problems.
Industrial & systems Engineering Program
|Number of Applicants||Number of enrollments||Number of Graduations|
Logistics & Supply Chain Management Program
|Year||Number of Applicants||Number of enrollments||Number of Graduations|
There are two types of titles corresponding to the two types of programs offered by ISE:
- IU-VNU Degrees is granted by IU-VNU to students completing the IU program. The Degree is “Bachelor of Industrial Engineering and Systems Engineering” [Exh.1.10. Bachelor of Industrial and Systems Engineering Degree].
- Oversea Degrees are awarded to partner universities for students who have completed the twining program.
School of Industrial engineering and management
Room O2 – 602
Tel: (028) 37244270 Ext: 3327, 3982