- Be practicing engineers in the field of production and services, who are able to:
(i) Design or redesign industrial systems
Create new designs for industrial systems in production and service from small to medium size. For some special cases, new design for large systems will also be considered
Analyze and research existing systems of production and service to see whether it needs redesigning or not for increasing productivity and efficiency.
(ii) Operate and manage industrial systems
Operating Industrial Systems in production and services by efficiently combining all system’s resources (people, finance, machines, ….)
(iii) Improve the existing industrial systems
Detecting, simulating, and getting results to determine optimization indexes for new productive and services. Propose necessary change to improve existing systems.
(iv) Support for wise decision making
Analyze, evaluate, and simulate managing models to give alteration solution as single-criteria and multi-criteria for supporting managers in making decision
- Engage in lifelong learning to maintain and enhance professional skills
- Work effectively with people and demonstrate leadership, professional skills and ethical behavior in the workplace
- Fulfill the needs of the community and industrial sector of Vietnam in solving technical and management problems using industrial and systems engineering principles, tools and techniques.
- Student outcomes
After graduation, students will gain:
- an ability to identify, formulate, and solve complex engineering problems by applying principles of engineering, science, and mathematics
- an ability to apply engineering design to produce solutions that meet specified needs with consideration of public health, safety, and welfare, as well as global, cultural, social, environmental, and economic factors
- an ability to communicate effectively with a range of audiences
- an ability to recognize ethical and professional responsibilities in engineering situations and make informed judgments, which must consider the impact of engineering solutions in global, economic, environmental, and societal contexts
- an ability to function effectively on a team whose members together provide leadership, create a collaborative and inclusive environment, establish goals, plan tasks, and meet objectives
- an ability to develop and conduct appropriate experimentation, analyze and interpret data, and use engineering judgment to draw conclusions
- an ability to acquire and apply new knowledge as needed, using appropriate learning strategies.