- Office: A2.504, School of Industrial engineering and management, International University.
- Quarter 6, Linh Trung Ward, Thu Duc District, HCM City, Vietnam
- Phone: (028) 37244270 Ext: 3327
- BEng. In Aeronautical Engineering, Ho Chi Minh City University of Technology, 2004
- MEng. In Advanced Manufacturing Systems & Technology, Nanyang Technological University, Singapore, 2005
- PhD. in Science and Technology, Kindai University, Japan, 2010
- 2006 – 2007: Laser Designer at Hypertronics Ltd., Singapore
- 2010 – 2012: Postdoctoral research at Kinki University, Japan
- 2012 – 2016: Senior Scientist at Ritsumeikan University, Japan
- 2016 – present: Lecturer, School of Industrial engineering and management, International University – Vietnam National University of HCMC
- Artificial Intelligence
- Advanced Imaging Sensors & Systems
- Machine Vision
- Industrial Automation
- Engineering Mechanic Statics/Dynamics
- Experimental Design
- Intro to computing
- Probability & Statistics
- Time Series & forecasting techniques
- Product Design
- Work Design
- Quality Management
- System Engineering
- Scientific Writing
- Research Methodology
- Engineering Economics
-  V. T. S. Dao and T. Pham, Chapter: “Capacitated Vehicle Routing Problem – A New Clustering Approach Based on Hybridization of Adaptive Particle Swarm Optimization and Grey Wolf Optimization,” in Evolutionary Data Clustering: Algorithms, and Applications, Springer, 2020 (in press)
-  T. Pham and V. T. S. Dao, Chapter: “Plant leaf disease classification based on feature selection and deep neural network,” in Handbook of Deep Learning in Biomedical Engineering, Elsevier, 2020 (in press)
- World: WO2013129559 A1.
-  T.G. Etoh, T. Yamada, V.T.S. Dao, Solid state imaging apparatus, USA: US20140362268 A1
-  T.G. Etoh, V.T.S. Dao, M. Tsuji, Image sensor having on-chip signal accumulation, Japan: JP2011-258906.
-  C. Vo Le, T. G. Etoh, H. D. Nguyen, V. T. S. Dao, H. Soya, M. Lesser, D. Ouellette, H. van Kuijk, J. Bosiers, and G. Ingram, “A Backside-Illuminated Image Sensor With 200 000 Pixels Operating at 250 000 Frames per Second,” IEEE Trans. Electron Devices, vol. 56, no. 11, pp. 2556–2562, 2009. (SCI, Q1 – IF 2.8)
-  V. T. S. Dao, T. G. Etoh, M. Tanaka, N. H. Dung, V. L. Cuong, K. Takehara, T. Akino, K. Nishi, H. Aoki, and J. Nakai, “Toward 100 Mega-frames per second: Design of an ultimate ultra-high-speed image sensor,” Sensors, vol. 10, no. 1. pp. 16–35, 2010. (SCIE, Q1 – IF 3.3)
-  T. G. Etoh, V. T. S. Dao, T. K. Akino, T. Akino, K. Nishi, M. Kureta, and M. Arai, “Ultra-high-speed image signal accumulation sensor,” Sensors, vol. 10, no. 4, pp. 4100–4113, 2010. (SCIE, Q1 – IF 3.3)
-  T. G. Etoh, H. D. Nguyen, V. T. S. Dao, C. Vo Le, and M. Tanaka, “Backside illuminated CCD operating at 16,000,000 frames per second with sub-ten-photon sensitivity,” Nucl. Instruments Methods Phys. Res. Sect. A Accel. Spectrometers, Detect. Assoc. Equip., vol. 647, no. 1, pp. 112–116, 2011. (SCI, Q1 – IF 1.3)
-  T. G. Etoh, V.T.S. Dao, T. Yamada, and E. Charbon, “Toward one Giga frames per second – Evolution of in-situ storage image sensors,” Sensors, vol. 13, no. 4. pp. 4640–4658, 2013. (SCIE, Q1 – IF 3.3)
-  V. T. S. Dao, T.G. Etoh, K. Shimonomura, and Y. Kamakura, “Simulation Analysis of a Backside-illuminated Multi-collection-gate Image Sensor,” ITE Trans. Media Application and Technology, vol. 2, no. 2, pp. 114–122, 2014. (Scopus, Q1)
-  V. U. S. Ha, D. Tran, T. Nguyen, V. T. S. Dao, “High Variation Removal for Background Subtraction in Traffic Surveillance Systems,” IET Computer Vision, vol. 12, no. 8, pp. 1163-1170, 2018. (SCI, Q2 – IF 1.6)
-  A. Q. Nguyen, V. T. S. Dao, K. Shimonomura, K. Takehara, T. G. Etoh, “Toward the Ultimate- High-Speed Image Sensor: From 10 ns to 50 ps,” Sensors, vol. 18, no. 8, pp. 1-11, 2018. (SCIE, Q1 – IF 3.3)
-  V. T. S. Dao, N. Ngo, A. Q. Nguyen, K. Morimoto, K. Shimonomura, P. Goetschalckx, L. Haspeslagh, P. D. Moor, K. Takehara, T. G. Etoh, “An Image Signal Accumulation Multi-Collection-Gate Image Sensor Operating at 25 Mfps with 32 × 32 Pixels and 1220 In-Pixel Frame Memory,” Sensors, vol. 18, no. 9, pp.1-11, 2018. (SCIE, Q1 – IF 3.3)
-  T. G. Etoh, T. Okinaka, Y. Takano, K. Takehara, H. Nakano, K. Shimonomura, T. Ando, N. Nguyen, Y. Kamakura, V. T. S. Dao, A. Q. Nguyen, E. Charbon, C., P. D. Moor, P. Goetschalckx, L. Haspeslagh, “Light-In-Flight Imaging by a Silicon Image Sensor: Toward the Theoretical Highest Frame Rate,” Sensors, vol. 19, no. 5, pp. 1-16. (SCIE, Q1 – IF 3.3)
-  H. D. Nguyen, C. Vo-Le, V. T. S. Dao et al., “Evaluation of a backside-illuminated ISIS,” SPIE Int. Congress on High speed Imaging and Photonics 2008, pp. 712607–712607–8.
-  C. Vo Le, H. D. Nguyen, V. T. S. Dao et al., “Technologies to develop a video camera with a frame rate higher than 100 Mfps,” SPIE Int. Cong, on High speed Imaging and Photonics 2008, pp. 712606–712606–9.
-  T. G. Etoh, C. Vo Le, H. Kawano, I. Ishikawa, A. Miyawaki, V. T. S. Dao et al., “Ultra-high-speed bionanoscope for cell and microbe imaging,” SPIE Int. Cong. on High-speed Imaging and Photonics 2008, pp. 712605–712605–11.
-  S. Yoshida, S. Yokoi, V. T. S. Dao et al., “Efforts to obtain fluorescence images from mammalian single cells and brain slices at the μs order,” Neurosci. Res., vol. 68, p. e65, Jan. 2010.
-  T. G. Etoh, D. H. Nguyen, V. T. S. Dao et al., “A 16 Mfps 165kpixel backside-illuminated CCD,” in Digest of Technical Papers – IEEE International Solid-State Circuits Conference (ISSCC), 2011, pp. 406–407.
-  T. G. Etoh, V. T. S. Dao et al., “Progress of Ultra-high-speed Image Sensors with In-Situ CCD Storage,” IEEE Int. Image Sensor Workshop, 2011, R57.
-  T. G. Etoh, V. T. S. Dao, and T. Yamada, “Toward one Giga frames per second: Evolution of In-situ Storage Image Sensors, “in International Workshop on Semiconductor Pixel Detectors for Particles and Imaging (PIXEL2012), 2012.
-  T. G. Etoh, V. T. S. Dao, T. Yamada, and E. Charbon, “Toward one Giga frames per second: Multi-Collection-Gate BSI Image Sensors,” IEEE Int. Image Sensor Workshop, 2013.
-  V. T. S. Dao et al., “Toward 10 Gfps: Factors Limiting the Frame Rate of the BSI MCG Image Sensor,” IEEE Int. Image Sensor Workshop, 2015.
-  C. Zhang, V. T. S. Dao et al., “Designing pixel parallel localized drivers of a 3D 1Gfps image sensor family,” IEEE Int. Image Sensor Workshop, 2015.
-  T.G. Etoh, V.T.S. Dao et al., “Fusion: ultra-high-speed and IR image sensors, ” SPIE Optical Sensing, Imaging, and Photon Counting: Nanostructured Devices and Applications, 95550N, 2015.8.
-  V. T. S. Dao et al., ”Crosstalk Analysis of an Image Sensor Operating At 1 Gfps,” IEEE Int. Conf. on Communications and Electronics (ICCE 2016).
-  A. Q. Nguyen, V. T. S. Dao et al., “Crosstalk in multi-collection-gate image sensors and its improvement,” SPIE Int. Cong. on High-Speed Imaging and Photonics, 2017.
-  T. Phan, V. T. S. Dao, “Ultrasonic cutting machine,” Asia Pacific Ind. Eng. Mgt. APIEMS 2017.
-  K. Truong, V. T. S. Dao, “Advanced High Dynamic Range Imaging Using A Multi-Camera Array,” ICLS 2018.
-  N. Nguyen, V. T. S. Dao, “Grey Wolf Optimization Coupled With Finite Element Simulation For Mechanical Structures,” ICLS 2018.
-  T. Tran, V. T. S. Dao, “Design and Analysis of Ultrasonic cashew nut cutting blade,” ICLS 2018.
-  T. Nguyen, V. T. S. Dao, “Design the Best-fit Footwear Using Image Processing,” ICLIE 2019.
-  K. Truong, V. T. S. Dao, “Grey Wolf Optimization for 0/1 Multiple Knapsack Problem,” ICLIE 2019.
-  T. Tong, V. T. S. Dao, “Design of A 3D Chocolate Printer,” ICLS 2018.