- PhD, Innovation in Manufacturing Systems and Technology, Singapore-MIT Alliance (SMA), Nanyang Technological University (NTU), Singapore, 2006.
- MSc, Innovation in Manufacturing Systems and Technology, Singapore-MIT Alliance (SMA), Nanyang Technological University (NTU), Singapore, 2002.
- BEng, Aeronautical Engineering, Ho Chi Minh University of Technology, 2001.
- 2020 – present: Lecturer, School of Industrial Engineering and Management, International University – Vietnam National University of HCMC, Vietnam.
- 2018-2020: Management Consultant (Affiliate in Vietnam), Management System Corporation, USA
- 2010-2018: Vice President, Eastern International University (EIU), Vietnam
- 2008-2010: Research Scientist, Solar Energy Institute of Singapore (SERIS), National University of Singapore (NUS), Singapore
- 2006-2008: Head of Engineering Department, LaserResearch, Singapore
- 2005-2006: Postdoctoral Fellow, Nanyang Technologial University (NTU), Singapore.
- Business and Supply Chain Analytics
- Applied Machine Learning and Optimization (Predictive & Prescriptive Analytics)
- Digital Transformation
- Laser Processing
- Solar Energy
- Introduction to Python Programing
- Statistics and Probability
- Simulation of Industrial Engineering
- Management Information System (MIS)
- Quantitative Methods for Business Decision Making
- Experimental Design for Industrial Engineer (IE)
- Procurement Management
- Lean Production
- Product Design and Development
- Engineering Economy
|Level||# of Students||Role||University/Country|
|Master of Science||2||Supervisor||VNU-IU/Vietnam|
|Master||1||Co-supervisor||Nanyang Technological University/Singapore|
|Undergraduate||1||Supervisor||Nanyang Technological University/Singapore|
- Tran Duc Vi, Vu Hoai Anh Thu, Truong Tran Mai Anh, Nguyen Dao My Vy: Hybrid Genetic Bees Algorithm (GBA) for Continuos and Combinatorial Optimization Problems. (pp. ). Birmingham, United Kingdom: Springer (July 2022).
- Y. Zheng, Y. C. Lam, C. Sundarraman, and D. V. Tran “Influence of substrate cooling on femtosecond laser machined hole depth and diameter”, Applied Phys A, Vol. 89(2), 559-563, 2007.
- D. V. Tran, Y. C. Lam, H. Y. Zheng, B. S. Wong, and D. E. Hardt, “Direct observation of deposited thermal power in materials irradiated by multiple femtosecond laser pulses”, Applied Surface Science, Vol. 253, 7290-7294, 2007.
- Y. C. Lam, D. V. Tran, and H. Y. Zheng, “A study of substrate temperature distribution during ultrashort laser ablation of bulk copper”, Laser and Particle Beams, Vol. 25, 155-159, 2007.
- D. V. Tran, Y. C. Lam, H. Y. Zheng, B. S. Wong, and D. E. Hardt, “Quantification of thermal energy deposited in silicon by multiple femtosecond laser pulses”, Optics Express, Vol. 14, Issue 20, 9261-9268, 2006.
- D. V. Tran, H. Y. Zheng, Y.C. Lam, V. M. Murukeshan, J. C. Chai, and D. E. Hardt, “Femtosecond laser-induced damage morphologies of crystalline silicon by sub-threshold pulses”, Optics and Lasers in Engineering, Vol. 43, 977-986, 2005.
- Y. C. Lam, D. V. Tran, H. Y. Zheng, V. M. Murukeshan, J. C. Chai, and D. E. Hardt, “Surface damage of crystalline silicon by low fluence femtosecond laser pulses”, Surface Review and Letters, Vol. 11, No. 2, pp. 217-221, 2004.
- D. V. Tran, Y. C. Lam, V. M. Murukeshan, J. C. Chai, H. Y. Zheng, and D. E. Hardt, “Femtosecond Laser-induced damage and ablation of crystalline silicon: A study in the incubation effect”, International Journal of Manufacturing Science and Technology, Vol. 6. No. 2, p. 26, 2004.
- Tran Duc Vi, Nguyen Thi Minh Hanh: Application of Deep Learning for Wafer Defect Pattern Classification in Semiconductor Manufacturing. In proceedings of 6th International Joint Conference on Advances in Computational Intelligence IJCACI 2022. ISBN 978-981-99-1434-0. https://scril.sau.int/ijcaci22/: Springer Singapore (October 2022).
- Tran Quang Duy, Tran Duc Vi: Predictive Models for Equipment Fault Detection: Application in Semiconductor Industry. In proceedings of International Conference on Advances in Data-driven Computing and Intelligent Systems. ISBN 2367-3389. Birla Institute of Technology and Science, Pilani K K Birla Goa Campus, Goa, India: (August 2022).
- Anh, T.T.M., D. V. Tran. (2023). Hybrid Genetic-Bees Algorithm in Multi-layer Perceptron Optimization. In: Saraswat, M., Chowdhury, C., Kumar Mandal, C., Gandomi, A.H. (eds) Proceedings of International Conference on Data Science and Applications. Lecture Notes in Networks and Systems, vol 552. Springer, Singapore. https://doi.org/10.1007/978-981-19-6634-7_11
D.V. Tran, Q.J. Yap, A.G. Aberle, Picosecond laser ablation of TCO (Transparent Conductive Oxide) films on glass for thin-film silicon solar cells, Proceedings ofthe 25th European Photovoltaic Solar Energy Conference and Exhibition (25th EU PVSEC), Valencia, Spain (2010)
- D. V. Tran and A.G. Aberle, Overview on the use of laser processing techniques for high-efficiency silicon wafer solar cells, Proc. 18th International Photovoltaic Science and Engineering Conference, Kolkata, Jan 2009 (poster presentation).
- D. V. Tran, Y. C. Lam, V. M. Murukeshan, J. C. Chai, H. Y. Zheng, and D. E. Hardt, “Femtosecond Laser Processing of Silicon”, Proceeding of the Singapore-MIT Alliance Symposium, 2005.
- D. V. Tran, Y. C. Lam, V. M. Murukeshan, J. C. Chai, H. Y. Zheng, and D. E. Hardt, “Femtosecond Laser-induced damage and ablation of crystalline silicon: A study in the incubation effect”, International Conference on Precision Engineering, Singapore, pp. 265-272, 2004.