- Program Objectives
- Be practicing engineers in the field of production and services, who are able to
(i) Design or redesign industrial systems
Create new design for industrial systems in production and service from small to medium size. For some especial cases, new design for large systems will also be considered
Analyze and research existing systems of production and service to see whether it needs redesigning or not for increasing productive and efficiency.
(ii) Operate and manage industrial systems
Operate effectively industrial systems in production and services by efficiency combination all system’s resources (people, finance, machines, ect.)
(iii) Improve the existing industrial systems
Detect, simulate, and get result to determine optimization index for new productive and services. Propose necessary change to improve existing systems.
(iv) Support for wise decision making
Analyze, evaluate, and simulate managing models to give alterative solution as single-criteria and multi-criteria for supporting managers in making decision
- Engage in lifelong learning to maintain and enhance professional skills
- Work effectively with people and demonstrate leadership, professional skills and ethical behavior in the workplace
- Fulfill the needs of community and industrial sector of Vietnam in solving technical and management problems using industrial and systems engineering principles, tools and techniques.
- Student Outcomes
- An ability to apply knowledge of mathematics, science and engineering
- An ability to design and conduct experiments, as well as to analyze and interpret data
- An ability to design a system, component, or process to meet desired needs within realistic constraints such as economic, environmental, social, political, ethical, health and safety, manufacturability, and sustainability
- An ability to function in multidisciplinary teams
- An ability to identify, formulate, model and simulate and solve industrial and systems problems
- An understanding of professional and ethical responsibility
- An ability to communicate effectively
- The broad education necessary to understand the impact of engineering solutions in a global, economic, environmental, and societal context
- A recognition of the need for, and an ability to engage in life-long learning
- A knowledge of contemporary issues and ability to self-update
- An ability to use the techniques, skills, and modern engineering tools necessary for engineering practice.